Full disclosure: This year was the first in a while that I read so consistently.
The first part of the year I was in my first trimester of pregnancy and I felt like I had no capacity to read or process. I watched lots of Hallmark Christmas movies posted on YouTube. But at some point, I don’t remember how, the Lord nudged me to begin reading again. And once I started, I couldn’t quite stop.
I am so thankful for my Kindle (maybe possibly my favorite toy?) for a few reasons:
- The built-in light allows me to read at night without bothering my husband. So when I was awake during those sleepless 3rd trimester nights, and later nursing, I would read.
- I can get books either on Amazon or through my library in the States. I don’t feel as limited by the fact that I don’t have as many options available here as I did back home.
- I can carry it with me easily and read while I am waiting in different places.
Now on to my picks! If you are my friend and have a kindle, I would be so happy to loan any of these books to you!
This year I am hoping to double the amount of books I read – sharing this because accountability. I am hoping to do that by trying different things:
- Read two books at the same time: non-fiction and fiction.
- I deleted a few apps from my phone that I use too much and can distract me from reading.
- I am planning to listen to more books on audio – especially fiction books. (Listening to non-fiction doesn’t work as well for me).
What are some books you read in 2017? What do you do to make time for reading?
One thought on “Joy-sharing, Vol. 2 – My favorite reads in 2017”
Aylin I read “Humble Roots” too and really enjoyed it, I reread that one also, really liked your picks. I’ve heard a lot about “Keeping place” and the writing memoir from Madeleine L’engle looks promising, thank you!